I Love Pictures!!!

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Chemotherapy in process

March 21, 2013 - went to go get my wig fitted today. It was fun & I'm very happy with my purchase. What do you think?
I'm totally loving not having hair. Just sucks because I have to wear makeup because I look like a little boy. Lol!  While being fitted, we turn around & see Zac like this....

Never a dull moment.  LOL I've been told he looks like a pirate.  I love the wig, but its hard to get used to having SO MUCH hair.  My hair has always been so thin.  

March 22, 2013 - I had several appoints at MDA today, but my last appointment was my first chemotherapy treatment.  It was suppose to start at 3:00, but that didn't happen because of miscommunication.  We FINALLY got into the room at about 5:00 only to have the nurse tell us that they see Xrays of my port, but have no record of it.  Really??? It's sticking out of my chest.  They sent me down the hall to have my port accessed and we waited for about another hour.  My treatment lasts about 3 hours and since we left at 9:00 am I was exhausted, grumpy, and anxious; not a good combo.  Needless to say, I went Cajun on some folks (and later apologized).  After the port was accessed, we went back to our room to begin chemotherapy.  
My first drip was a combo of anxiety meds, steroids, and anti-nausea meds.  I was a happy girl!  Then we started with the FAC treatment.  Here is a pic of all my IV drips...

We didn't get home until around 9:30 pm.  Don't really remember much, because I think I slept.  

The past week has been ok.  I've been a little tired and have had some tummy issues.   I haven't puked or anything so that is good.  My first 10 days following treatment my white blood cell count goes down and I've very prone to infection, so it is suggested that I stay away from sick people and out of the general public.  I have tried to stay indoors, but I'm going crazy and I'm pretty sure I'm driving Zac crazy.  I would love to spring clean the house, since I have so much time, but I get tired pretty easily.  Going to go home to "The Groves" this weekend to celebrate my Godchild, Hannah's, birthday with a crawfish boil.  Probably won't eat much because I don't have much of an appetite, but I just want to be with my family.  Hope everyone has a happy Easter!!!!  We love you all and thank you for your support!

3 comments:

  1. You can do it sissy! Keep Calm and Fight On :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I was reading a few of your posts and just wanted to thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, keep up the fight! I just had a quick question about your blog and was hoping you could email me back when you get the chance, thanks : )

    Emmy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmy email me your question. My email address is turboguilly@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete