I Love Pictures!!!

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

How the journey began

In October 2012, I found a lump in my right breast.  I didn't freak out because I thought it was just a cyst.  I was going to my Well Woman's Exam on November 30, 2012 so I decided I would wait and bring it to my doctors attention then.  When I went to my OB/GYN on November 30th we discussed the mass I found, located at 12:00, in my right breast.  She wasn't alarmed but just as a precaution ordered a bilateral ultrasound and mammogram.  This was to be scheduled for December 12, 2012.

December 12, 2012 - I had to be at Memorial Hermans Breast Center in The Woodlands at 7:30 A.M.  I decided to go alone.  After registered, I was brought in for my first mammogram.  I think I was more nervous about how painful the procedure was going to be then the actual results.  To be honest, it wasn't nearly as bad as all the stories I've heard.  Next, I was scheduled for an ultrasound with nurse Ms. Shirley.  After she completed the ultrasound, she brought the results to the radiologist who then performed another ultrasound.  After the second ultrasound, the radiologist said that after looking at the ultrasound and mammogram she said the mass found was suspicious looking and I should have a biopsy.  We scheduled the biopsy for December 14, 2012.

December 14, 2012 - I had to be back at Memorial Hermans Breast Center in The Woodlands at 8:30 A.M.  This time I had moral support...my Mom and Zac.  After registration, I walked through the door in the back to go change and was greeted with a smile by nurse Shirley.  She said, "I've been waiting on you!  I wanted to be with you in the room while you had your procedure."  How amazing is that!  Talk about making me feel at ease to see a friendly face.  :)



The biopsy took about 20 minutes.  Afterwards I was given care instructions and said I would get the results in 3 - 5 business days.

My Aunt Jana and baby Lindzey came to the house afterwards.  It was a great surprise and even though I wasn't suppose to lift anything more than 10 lbs, I couldn't resist holding Lindzey. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment