I Love Pictures!!!

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Do for my Dome

January 26, 2013 - Zac & I went shopping for a wig today. I decided that I will only wear it to work and at the weddings we were invited to this year. Other than that, I intend to embrace my baldness. :) I tried on several different styles but felt most comfortable in a "cranial prosthesis" that was very similar to my current cut, color, & style. Maybe once I get used to it I will purchase some different styles & colors. 

I had a lot of fun throughout the entire process & Zac took pics, but I haven't decided if I wanted to post them or not. The owner of the store assisted us & after measurements & trying to keep a wig cap on I finally chose my style. The entire time she told me I had the smallest adult head she had ever seen. Lol I have always known I had a little head (because I have to wear little boy hats) but to have someone that measures heads all day tell you that, you KNOW you have a little head. Now I know some of you are thinking that means I have a little brain, but not so much. Ha! Ha!  

I promise to get the blog up to date before surgery. I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while but I've been really exhausted. Love you all & have a great night!

2 comments:

  1. Kristen LaGrappe BaxterFebruary 14, 2013 at 6:23 AM

    Praying today. Praying for your doctors to have wisdom & steady hands. Compassionate hospital staff. That surgery is an absolute success. That healing is quick and pain subsides soon. That God surrounds your mind and heart with confidence in Him. That He replaces fear & uncertainty with complete peace. I pray this obstacle brings your more strength (we know you have tons already)and that you can look back and feel an "ah ha" moment "Ah ha! This is why it happened...it wasn't for nothing."

    James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

    Remember through this that God is sitting right next to you. He's actually already started walking ahead of you too.

    Deuteronomy 31:8 "The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”

    God speaks to me in song. I believe he gave me this one for you today.

    "Whom Shall I Fear" Chris Tomlin"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOkImV2cJDg

    Continuing in prayer for you and your family,

    Kristen LaGrappe Baxter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen I accidentally deleted the last comment you wrote & I even replyed to it. I'm so sorry. It was the comment to give me a tune to dance to "Move" Mercy Me. It was by accident so feel free to put back on the blog. I'm still learning how to blog LOL

    ReplyDelete