I Love Pictures!!!

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Besides being cancer free, this is the best news EVER!!!

March 7, 2013 - Zac and I were suppose to get some good news yesterday, but no news is good news right?  Well we got our awesome news today.  As he is walking out the door to go to San Antonio/Lake Travis for the weekend, my phone rings.  I recognize the number and look up at him shaking.  All he can say is, "just answer it".  The news...We successfully have ONE embryo that is frozen for us to use in 5+ years after ALL of my treatments are complete.  Yep we are (as Zac's brother Josh says) deferred parents. :) I have never felt so much emotion and even writing this, the tears are flowing.  Cancer may have taken my boobs but you will not take away the child we have always wanted.  Granted, it is not how we all want to start having children, but WE will be parents.  As soon as I repeated what the nurse said Zac started crying and I'm trying to keep composure until I got off the phone.  We cried together for a while and then he left to celebrate with friends for not only a bachelor party but our future child.  I then called our parents and texted close friends and family.

The best part about all of this (because you know I have to look at the positive) is we have 5+ years to pick out names, and save up to give our child to have the best of the best.  Well, there is a possibility of us to have a couple babies because the fertility drugs we used has a side effect of multiple births.  Damn, I guess I may need to open another account just for our baby(ies).  LOL!

DISCLOSURE: We wanted to share this with everyone reading the blog and have supported us.  We know that this is and can be a touchy subject, so please no one debate on here their opinion on if they feel that this is right or wrong.  This is not the time or the place and those comments will be deleted.  We would really appreciate it.

Thank you all for your prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment