I Love Pictures!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Soooooo I'm Not crazy

So I had only one appointment today & that was with the Psychiatric Oncologist.  My surgeon set it because of my history of anxiety & wanted me to see someone to get medication. I don't think I need it but she feels the closer I get to surgery time there is a possibility I will start having panic attacks. 

Pretty sure the doctor didn't know what to expect with a 35 year old with cancer & how my mind set would be. Of course, all we did was laugh through the entire session. As we talked she got off subject a bit and started to ask me off the wall questions like, Can you tell me what your closet looks like?  I said that it was not too messy & she said no like is it organized. Um yea it is!! It's color coordinated and everything. She then asked if I liked to vacuum a lot or feel like I need to always need to vacuum. (Knowing where she was going with these types of questions) I said No but I sure do love Chlorox Wipes & proceeded to tell her how much I wipe the counters down in the kitchen. She said you are aware you have a lot of OCD tendencies. With pride & a big smile I said YEP!  Of course the next question was what do you do for a living. My response was I'm sure you know the answer to that but I'm an accountant.  For some reason she didn't seem surprised & I walked out the door with two prescriptions. LOL!  I did ask if she thought I was crazy & she said no, but I bet that's what they tell all the patients. ;)

To quote the movie Dumber & Dumber "Pills are good!" 

I will end tonight with laughter and save some fact & stats for another night. 
Good night & I love you all!

2 comments:

  1. lol that is awesome!I guess you failed to mention that the obssesive need to wipe down counter could in fact be genetic bc I'm the same way...We can thank Granny and Paw Paw for that hahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The OCD gene is definitely in some of us, y'all know I got it bad!

    ReplyDelete